PS Engineering has revolutionized audio control in general aviation airplanes. At that time, the original PMA6000 took the audio panel from a collection of switches added as an afterthought, to a multitalented intersystem focal point for cockpit audio.
Radio selection, cockpit communications and even music were seamlessly combined in the modern audio control panel. The PMA6000-series set a benchmark for all GA audio panels that followed.
The next generation PMA6000B has been given the benefit of PS Engineering's 20+ years of audio panel control design and 35+ years manufacturing experiences. It offers a low cost alternative to the more capable audio panel product line that the industry has become to expect from such a focused driven company.
The PMA6000B combines an audio selector panel with a top-quality manually adjusted VOX intercom and a slew of features to enhance versatility and utility.
Check list of capabilities:
- Built-in 4 place mono intercom PS Engineering's "Set-it and Forget-it" manual VOX
- Optional built-in marker beacon receiver.
- Split mode for dual audio capability
- 2 - Com Capability
- 3 - Intercom isolation modes - Pilot Isolate, All, and Crew
- 2 - Music inputs with Soft Mute™
- 2 - Unswitched inputs
- 6 - Switched inputs
- A patented "swap" function allows selection of Com 1 or Com 2 from remote pushbutton
- Fail-safe feature automatically hard-wires the pilot to Com1 in the case of an outage
- Uses a single 44-pin connector making installation easier.
The PMA6000B holds both FAA TSO as well as EASA ETSO and was designed to be made easier to install because of a single 44-pin Sub-d connector.